Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's A Marshmallow World




The minute I saw this beautiful digi from THE PAPER SHELTER I knew it was destined to be a favorite of mine. I love the gentleness captured in this image. As Christmas approaches I am overwhelmed with the love I have been given. The first is the love of God by sending his Son Jesus to die for my sins, then the love of family, friends and all the blessings that fill my home. I also realize that this time of year is not always the happiest for others. So, today I pray that each of those individuals will be blessed. May I remember to show kindness, gentleness and love to everyone. 
After a long spell of no crafting I felt like I was learning all over again to use my Copics. I also struggled with the burgundy Copics I used. I added lots of sparkle with Stickles. The center of my die cut poinsettia is a piece of Christmas decoration that fell off a flower stem. (Up-cycled)! Some snowflake buttons and a sentiment (from a yard sale) finished off my card. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
My Song:  "It's A Marshmallow World"
It's a marshmallow world in the winter
When the snow comes to cover the ground
It's the time for play, it's a whipped cream day
I wait for it the whole year round.
Those are marshmallow clouds being friendly
In the arms of the evergreen trees
And the sun is red like a pumpkin head
It's shining so your nose wont freeze.
The world is your snowball, see how it grows
That's how it goes whenever it snows
The world is your snowball just for a song
Get out and roll it along
It's a yum-yummy world made for sweethearts
Take a walk with your favorite girl
It's a sugar date, what if spring is late
In winter it's a marshmallow world.

3 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is just beautiful

Sorry I've not been around for a while, been having blogger problems :-/
Hugs Kelly

Glenda said...

This is just so pretty! I love your coloring and the wonderful layers and those snowflakes along the bottom!

Becky said...

your card is beautiful, inside and out. Such a lovely image.