Saturday, April 30, 2016

Polk A Doodles Challenge Card




This stamp is from Polk A Doodles. They have some of the cutest stamps and are great for all ages. The stamp comes with a smaller framed stamp that I thought looked great on the inside of my card. I challenged myself to use a paper that really didn't appeal to me. I am sure that I am not the only one who buys a pad of paper and always ends up with two or three sheets that  you put to the back of the pile to 'use later'. After I found card stock to match I must say that I didn't mind the paper at all. LOL!
I used several ribbons and lace to embellish my card. The sentiment is from Sweet and Sassy.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Goin' Back (Dusty Springfield)
think I'm goin' back
To the things
I learned so well
In my youth
I think I'm returning to
Those days
When I was young enough
To know the truth
Now there are no games
To only pass the time
No more coloring books
No Christmas bells to chime
But thinking young
And growing older
Is no sin
And I can play
The game of life to win

1 comment:

Donna Ellis said...

Oh! What fabulous coloring skills, Patty Sue! I love the highlights in her hair and ribbon, and then again, around her eyes and dress. Such a wonderful color combination, and really great background papers - contemporary, yet vintage! Pretty, and yet, cute! Wonderful creation! Hope your week-end is extra special! hugs, de