Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Letter Home

I wanted to get this posted before Memorial Day. I remember when my brother was in Vietnam, my mom and dad looked forward to every little piece of news from him. Often the letters were just a scribble on a scrap of paper that was quickly posted. This image (from Stamping Up) reminds me of those days. My thanks to each and every veteran who has served or is now serving in the military. Because of you I am free today. I honor you and the sacrifice you made for me. Thank You!

2 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Now this is one awesome card! Love that image... a true salute to our military!
~Hugs~
the other Patti S

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love, love, love this card!! As a proud Mom of a USMarine I can attest to the craving of any bit of news. Our son is finally home after two years abroad. We are loving having him so close now!