Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"Merry Christmas"

I love sketch challenges, I think they make me think! As a newly 'retired' senior I hope it will keep my brain cells going! I am entering this card at Priscillastyles Sketch Challenge. I love to play in their challenges and the DT is great. My image is from Lilly of the Valley. He is a cute little guy. I colored him with Copics and cut the image out with my Creative Memories circle cutter. I let his feet extend beyond the circle to help him look as if he was walking out of the card.  I framed him with my Nestabilities and added lace to my red half circle. I added red rhinestones and glitter to his hat to add a little bling. I did move the placement of the sentiment at it fit my card better at the top rather than the bottom. This is a fun sketch and I will definitely use it again. You can enter this challenge at http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/ in case you want to join in the fun! I am also entering this at http://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/2010/08/lets-kick-off.html a brand new challenge blog it looks like it will be lots of un so check it out!

5 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Patty now look what we have here....a bear!!! My favorite. You must have known I was coming and instead of baking me a cake you made me a bear card to see!!! lol This is just darling. You have colored this bear and his presents exceptionally. I am really loving this adorable card. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol
Midnight Madness Design Team

Connie M. said...

Patty! This is just sooo sweet! What an adorable image...love how you have his foot coming off the main image panel! I am so loving the lace too! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!!

Connie
MMDT-GD

Priscilla said...

HI Patty love your card..Such a pleasure to visit your blog. Cute image :) Great take on the sketch. Thank you so much for joining in the fun this week at the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Mandy said...

Patty, your card is fab. Thank you for joining in with our new challenge at Let's Craft and Create.

take care,

Mandy

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hello! What a cute Christmas card. Your dp is perfect with your adorable image. Love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT