Sunday, August 29, 2010

"You Rock"

I am sending this card to my daughter. Her name is Traci Chapman. She hated that there was a singer with her name and was often teased as a teenager about it. Her father and I had a hard time convincing her that she was NOT named after the rock singer! LOL! Anyway the image called Tracy Chapstamp is from "Kenny K".  I colored the image with "Copics". I cut the image out with my "Creative Memories" oval cutter, leaving the image extending out of the oval. I like the way this looks. I added a little bling to the image with my "Spica" pens. I used "Nestabliliteis to cut out the frame behind the oval. I used my "Cricut" to cut the swirls. I had a wedding decoration that I punched the musical notes out of. I hand stamp the "You Rock" with a small alpha stamp set. I sponged the edges and then rolled the ends in opposite directions and popped it with dimensions. I am entering this at http://kennykkraftygirlzchallenges.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

love it & the story behind it is awesome :)))

The Other Patti Sue said...

What you didn't name your daughter Patty,Patti Sue? Seriously! What an adorable card... super cute image and Traci will love it, I'm sure!

Jackie said...

Lovethe story about your daughter... fabby card.. love the 'out of the box' too... brill... thank you for joining us at KKKGC this week x

Cheryl Valadez said...

Great job on coloring this image! I love that your daughter shares her name with a popular singer. She is going to love this card! Thanks for joining us this week at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge ;D Hugz, Cheryl