Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Happy Birthday Sugar"


I love all the Sugar Nellie stamps I would love to own all of them. But, I also would need a bigger retirement fund! LOL I colored this little sugar with Copics. I followed the sketch from the sugar bowl challenge but flipped the sentiment, it really works much better this way with this image. I added stitching with twill thread. I also added three brown buttons on left panel and added a large brass button on the right side. My sentiment on the front is from SU and the inside sentiment is a stamp I bought at a yard sale. I am entering this card at the following challenges:

6 comments:

Janie Printz said...

Super cute card Patty !!! Love that sweet little Sugar Nellie & as usual you've colored her so well with your amazing talent ...
Hugs, Janie

Lilian said...

Beautiful card and lovely colors! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Don't you just love yard sale finds? This is super sweet... this little sugar is colored to perfection!

Terri said...

This is just too cute!!! Your coloring is over the top...

Amanda R said...

Thank heavens an image with a mouth! Ha just kidding. Very cute and I love it when people finish the inside of the card, looks so professional.

Elaine said...

Beautiful Patty.
Love your colouring and your choice of papers.
Gorgeous sentiments too.

I'm going to spend an hour visiting blogs then I will email you.
Take care Patty
Love Elaine xx