Saturday, December 11, 2010

Frosty The Snowman


It is such a cold dreary day today and I have been running hither and yon all week. So, I decided to spend the afternoon crafting. Joan's Gardens is having their last challenge for the year. I decided I wanted to do a card for it. My image is from Magnolia and I colored it with Copics. I received a wonderful package today from Janie at http://janiescreativecorner.blogspot.com/ she is one of the sweetest persons you could ever meet and she had included this lovely embossing folder in the package. I have been wanting it forever and have not been able to find it. Janie, I love it and I will somehow repay you for your kindness. Doesn't it make the cutest falling snow? I add flower soft to the bottom of the snow. Janie is the one who taught me how to use this product. I added Stickles to the star and the lantern, I also added glitter to the snowman's hat. On the front of the card I added mulberry roses and a little sticker that I had on hand.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

4 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Patty, this is so cute. I love your background and your coloring is great.

Thanks so much for playing in our last challenge of the year at Joan's Gardens.
It has been so much fun!!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Amanda R said...

A magnolia with a mouth! Will miracles never cease! Very cute, I have never seen that embossing folder before and yes it does look like falling snow. I like how you cut out the front of the card also for the design to show thru. And the thumb in the bottom corner makes it so personal!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What an adorable little peeking snowperson! It is colored so pretty!

Janie Printz said...

Hi Patty, what a wonderful card you've made with this adorable snowman ... I'm so glad you were happy with your folder & you've certainly put it to good use. I'm afraid it was only my idea & I had help from a wonderful new friend from the UK named Anne who found this folder for you as well as the other ones she sent me. I looked everywhere for them & Anne found them & was so kind to send them to us.
you've really made a fun card with all your fun things & I'm so pleased you've mastered the Floer Soft. It looks amazing ...
Hugs, Janie