Monday, January 3, 2011

Glenda's Wonderful Gift




There is a saying "When the Lord closes a door he opens a window." This has had so much meaning to me in the last eight months. I worked in a job for 23 years and trained the current elected official. This individual chose to treat me in an unscrupulous manner and after several things that occurred and much prayer I decided to take an early retirement. I was hurt at first and wondered why this happened to me. But, during this time I discovered blogging and some wonderful people along the way. I can not express to each of you how much your friendship has meant to me. A box arrived this morning from one of those wonderful friends. Glenda Brooks at http://glendabrooks.blogspot.com/ 
She made the above pictured flowers and sent them to me. I can not express how grateful and how touched I was with her beautiful gift. I wish I had better photographic skills but this will give you an idea of her fantastic flowers. She had a sweet little note saying she hoped I could use 'some' of these. LOL! The hardest thing will be keeping myself from hoarding them. It's what I do with favorite things. Glenda, I hope the state of Tennesse knows what a gem they have in you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, my window is open wide and the spring breezes are warming me today because of you.

3 comments:

Jill said...

hi Patty aww hun I'm so sorry to hear about your job, I will never understand why people are so unkind or why they do this??? but it's nice to know there are people like Glenda in our world the flowers are gorgeous looking forward to working with you Patty on KKKG hugs Jill xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

How sweet!As I am going through my stash... I find things that I don't want to use... LOL! I'm making myself, making room for new stuff!

Janie Printz said...

What a WONDERFUL gift & that Glenda is just amazing to be able to make those from punches & paper ... LOVE them !!! They are gorgeous & you will put them to such great use on your beautiful cads.
Hugs, Janie