Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Walk In The Light"

I have to admit it, these colors are wild! I wanted to do the challenge at Copic Creations, which was complementary colors. In my case red-violet and olive green. It is not a color combination that I would ordinarily use, but I had the cutest piece of paper that just happened to have this combination, so I went from there. I hope this card will 'brighten' someones day. LOL! I used a Sugar Nellie image and colored her with Copics. I added a little liquid glass to her glasses. I framed the image with Lifestyle Dies and added paper lace with a MS punch. I also used a MS punch for my heart scallop boarder and embossed the top boarder with a Cuttlebug. I added rolled paper roses (yes, I am still working on those). I added pearls to the center of each rose and fern leaves.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

7 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow Patty shes a cutie for sure and I love the way youve made her glasses look real with liquid glass. Youre punched edges look fabulous to as to the flowers and papers. with hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Glenda said...

This little number is so bright and cheerful....just what we need these last days of winter! Another border used around your oval. I still haven't tried, but I won't forget! Love it!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OH MY Sista.... this is sooo cute!The color combo is super fun!

Elaine said...

Oh I love this card Patty. Yes the colour combo is wild but it's also really pretty and the papers are perfect.
You've mastered the rolled roses I see..unlike myself!

Love Elaine xxx

Amanda R said...

I think your rolled roses look wonderful and I see your fern punch is working or is just afraid of you so has given in! Not sure I could make those colors work so well but you nailed it!

Jodi said...

She is adorable!! Love your color combo too!! Thanks for joining us at Copic Creations!
Hugs
Jodi =)

RoseC said...

Ahhh. Your coloring is wonderful! Your rolled roses are stunning. So glad you could join us at Copic Creations ~ good luck to you.
Hugs...Rose