Saturday, December 17, 2011

"Snow Bird"



I wanted to make a card that I could tuck some cash in for my daughter. This is what I came up with. I colored the image with Copics, I added Glamour dust to the hat, pom poms and boot tops. I add Spica pen to the wings and the strings. I added liquid pearls to the snow flakes. I used a new Memory Box die for the ivy. I also used a snowflake embossing flolder on the inside pocket. The tag is a Cherrylynn die and the sentiment is from CTMH. A sheer ribbon finishes this card off.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
My Song:
Beneath it's snowy mantle cold and clean,
The unborn grass lies waiting for its coat to turn to green.
The snowbird sings the song he always sings,
And speaks to me of flowers that will bloom again in spring.
When I was young my heart was young then, too.
And anything that it would tell me, that's the thing that I would do.
But now I feel such emptiness within,
For the thing that I want most in life's the thing that I can't win.

10 comments:

June Nelson said...

Oh wow this is beautiful that image is gorgeous I want it lol its fabby and im singing pal xxxxxx

Debbie said...

Very lovely card, perfect for Christmas. Thank you for showing us all at Sweet Stampin this week. Debbiexx

Tracey T said...

Fab-u-lous! Such beautiful colouring and gorgeous Christmassy papers. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' and Merry Christmas! Tracey x

Janie Printz said...

Patty, this is so sweet & what a wonderful way to tuck a little "love from Mom" into the pocket. Love the easel card & your amazing color choice. Great look with the ivy die ... My daughter is coming home from Alabama for Christmas so I will probably spoil her a little ...
Big hugs to you, Janie

WJ said...

What a wonderful card! You do good work...as always.

The Other Patti Sue said...

She will LOVE it! So much detail and it all works together so beautifully!

Linda said...

OH WOW!! I absolutely love this little image and you have colored her perfectly.. Beautiful design!!
Hugs, Linda

Amanda R said...

This is really pretty Patty. I am sure Traci will love it and the money will hopefully go to making her new place feel like home. Love all the dies you used, great layering!

Pamela said...

That is beautiful , love the papers and the image is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Pam x

An Occasional Genius said...

What a wonderful image & I love your creeping vines along the side. So very pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x