Friday, March 30, 2012

The Trouble With Girls

This is one of my favorite Mo Manning images. Doesn't it take you back to the days you were a little girl and wore your mom's high heels during dress up? I spent the afternoon struggling with two cards for the grandsons and decided to 'reward' myself with a 'girly' card. I love to be able to add a few fussy details to a card. This fit the bill perfectly. I hope your Friday went well and you have a grand week-end. Blessings!
I am entering this card in the following challenges:

My Song: The Trouble with Girls
The trouble with girls is they’re a mystery
Something about ’em puzzles me
Spent my whole life trying to figure out
Just what them girls are all about
The trouble with girls is their so dang pretty
Everything about ’em does something to me
But I guess that’s the way it’s suppose to be

8 comments:

Janie Printz said...

Patty, this is super cute & the reward is ours !!!! I love how you cut the mat to work so perfectly around her hat & purse... How creative you are !!! I always admire you for making cards for those sweet grandsons of yours. It's tough making cards for boys cuz there's not much you can add without it getting too "girly" ... You always do a great job on them no matter what you do.
This little girl has additude even from the back... So cute ...
Hugs, Janie

Pauline said...

What ab adorable image! I love your colour scheme! thanks for sharing at Card Crafter's Circle!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Awwwww... so sweet! Love all your girly girl touches! Colored to perfection as usual! Ok how did you make you die cut work for the little purse?

Virginia L. said...

Darling card! Love the coloring! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sandy said...

I have always thought that this was the cutest image. You have made such a pretty card and your little tyke is colored beautifully!
sandy

Jenée said...

Fab little card. She is one of my favorites, too, and you've coloured her up so well. Such a sassy little thing in those high heel pumps (smile). Thank you for sharing her with us at Card Crafter's Circle.

Katie Butler said...

I love all the dimensional additions and the colors. Thanks for joining us at Cardmadfairy Challenge.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! That is some amazing color and layering!! Love your take on the challenge! And yes, girls are hard to figure out . . . I had two of them and even though they're both grown, I still shake my head and wonder if I will ever figure them out! LOL Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!