Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"Orange Dragons"


OK...I can't help myself....Orange you glad it is time for another challenge at ABC? Sorry, but I just had to say that! As you might have guessed the challenge this time is "Orange"! Now, I will be the first to tell you orange is not one of my favorite colors to work with. I have a hard time finding colors that work with it and always choose browns and blacks. So, I had to work hard to make a card that didn't look like 'Halloween'. But, that is what challenges are all about, making  us think outside of our comfort zone! Right? My dh said he had never seen an orange dragon, but he hasn't really seen a green one either! HA! So here is my little Magnolia dragon! I added some fine white glitter to his wings and liquid glass to his tail. The sentiment is a clear, stick on, that has been in my stash for several years. Some hand stitching, liquid pearls, and orange brads, finish off this fun card. So grab those orange colors and enter the challenge!
Today is our little Logan's 5th Birthday! Happy Birthday sweet boy!
My Song: Puff The Magic Dragon
Puff the magic dragon
lived by the sea
and frolicked in the autum mist
in the land of Honah Lee!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Fabulous card and a perfect colour choice for the dragon too. Love that song! x

Glenda said...

Nothing like a little orange dragon to get you going first thing in the morning! He actually makes me smile. He is so bright and colorful, no one could actually be afraid of him! Just gorgeous work, my friend!

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my Word!!! How gorgeous is this sweet dragon, your layout and use of the orange colour is fabulous. So happy to be joining you at the ABC challenge.
Hugs
Suzi x

Louise said...

Gorgeous card and awesome coloring,I love the dragon in orange. So glad to be on board with you at ABC Challenge
Louise

The Other Patti Sue said...

Made me laugh! Orange you glad you did? Super cute!

Janie Printz said...

Hi miss Patty, glad to have you back making your famous bright fun cards again. You were missed. Hope you had a "grand" time with the boys. I'm sure they loved having you both visiting them. The card is too fun & looks too cute to be scary. Gorgeous coloring on it.
Hug, Janie

Amanda R said...

What a fun sentiment for him but he looks too cute to be wild! I love the orange color, suits him to a tee and Magnolia or not, he is adorable!

Sandy said...

Only in your dreams!!!!! He is orange and just as cute as can be!!
Sandy

Marilyn said...

Love this orange dragon with a little sparkle on his wings. What a great design too!