Sunday, May 27, 2012

Take Me To The Cross


I just had to have another play with this darling stamp from Krista Smith! I was playing around with my merge feature, I am still not proficient with it yet, but each time a learn a little more. I saw a darling card that my sweet friend Amanda made and so I had to give it a go creating a scene. I loved the colors in this DP which I don't have the cover to any longer, so I can't tell you from whince it came! I also used a faux stitching tape. It was a bit hard to line up, but I covered my 'jigs and jags' with a little cut out heart from the DP. I used a Magnolia Do-Hickey Die for the lace and added a lovely pink polk-a-dot ribbon to finish off my card.
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
My Song : By Al Denson's "Take Me To The Cross"
She's daddy's little girl
Only three years old
All dressed up in her Sunday clothes
He holds her hand on bended knee
He says "I need to show you how
To find your way home."
As they walk along, how sweet the sound
Church bells ringing, people gathered 'round
"Remember this church, and the cross 'way up there
Sweetheart, if you ever get lost, say...."
Take me to the cross
High upon the steeple
The one where Jesus died
For all the lost people
If you can't find home
Know you're not alone
Take me to the cross

24 comments:

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

beautiful card - I love your colours

Caz

loz said...

Gorgeous card and colouring Patty Sue. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Popped over from MIM

Lisa said...

OMGosh! I love this card and I love your blog! You are very talented! I am your newest follower and subscriber!
Big Hugs!

Margaret said...

Beautiful image and gorgeous card.
Love the border punch and the stitching between the hearts.
Saw this on MIM.
Hugs
Margaret M

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie...


This is gorgeous I an loving the colours...

Perfect, huggles Pops x x x

brenda said...

Absolutely adorable Patty, the colours, the stitching, all beautifully coordinated.

Thanks so much for joining our Birthday Celebrations at Allsorts this week.

B x

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card! Your merging techniques look perfect to me. I still can't seem to do it, no matter how hard I try. Hope you are enjoying good weather for this Memorial Day!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is a "WOW" card! So pretty!

Jane said...

I love Saturated Canary stamps and you really have made a fab card. I saw you on MIM. I have a Queen's diamond jubilee/Olympics giveaway running on my blog, everyone is welcome to join and it would be great to see you there,
Jane x

Chana Malkah said...

This is a WOWZER! I saw this at MIM! I love your coloring, just gorgeous!

Chana (#34)

Cards By MI said...

A very lovely and sweet card. Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this week and good luck!
Love n hugs
Marie

Crafty and Green said...

What a Beautiful Card! I saw this on MIM!! Love your Style!!

Many Blessings,
Tina
http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a cute card. That image is sooo sweet. I saw it on Make it Monday.

Lynne in NI said...

Wowee, your colouring is absolutely stunning!

Lisa Minckler said...

What an amazing little card. I love how you've colored here and the scenery is wonderful!! Beautiful work here. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Fleur said...

This is stunning. the image is so beautiful & great colouring
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!

Hugz Fleur xXx

Tonya said...

Your card is gorgeous. I adore the image and your coloring is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing.
I visited via Make It Monday linky party.

Ann Marie Governale said...

Hi Patty Sue-
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment. I just popped over to say hi and WOW... I love your blog and your cards, too. I am now YOUR newest follower. Have a great day! xxx Ann Marie

Kim said...

fabulous card - and what great colouring! saw it on MIM
Kim x

Amanda R said...

Awww, I am blushing with the thought I might have inspired you somehow! I love love love this card, your coloring is beautiful and the merging of the flowers with the image is perfect. Great job!

Michelle said...

Hi

Gorgeous card! Your colouring is just beautiful.

The layout is terrific and I love the stitching. The fact that there is just a little bit of it really works.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Renee B. said...

Beautiful card....I love Saturated Canary images! I saw you on MIM
Hugs,
Renee

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

This is such fun and so pretty! I saw it over on Make It Monday and came to leave you some love .
Hugs

Bella