Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Special Birthday


I must say, I do like this card much better than the one I posted prior to this. Maybe because my design is better, or the fact I love the cheery yellow. It could be that I used the do-hicky die for the flowers for the first time. What ever it is I knew this card would make a special birthday  card for a dear friend of mine. I hope each of you are having a wonderful day and it is filled with blessings!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Martina McBride-I'm gonna love you through it
When you’re weak, I’ll be strong
When you let go, I’ll hold on
When you need to cry, I swear that I’ll be there to dry your eyes
When you feel lost and scared to death,
Like you can’t take one more step
Just take my hand, together we can do it
I’m gonna love you through it.

12 comments:

Glenda said...

Such an adorable image and the colors just speak to me! Beautiful girl. Love the song...it sort of fits with how I feel about our friendship!

Marjorie said...

This is so beautiful Patty Sue, I love Krista's images and you have coloured this little one so beautifully...the colours you have chosen are so bright and cheery, lovely layout too!...
Thank you for sharing such a lovely card with us at Make it Monday this week...
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I am totally wowed by your amazing use of markers/coloring. It's wonderful!!
hugs

Lorraine said...

I saw your gorgeous card on MIM. The image is gorgeous and I love the summery colours too.
Lorraine x

The Little Stamper said...

I love this card too, and for colour choice is gorgeous.

Sharon x

Elaine said...

Ok, so I will admit that I do love this card more than the last one (sorry!)
The image is so sweet and yes, I love these colours too, and I adore daffodils!

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOW! This is a traffic stopper! So AWESOME!

Andrea said...

I saw your card on MIM what a lovely colour combination and doesn't she look sweet.green is on of my favourite colours but I always struggle to make it work well on my cards..which makes m eavoid it !!!!... you do it perfectly its stunning thank you for sharing with us x

Amanda R said...

Love the bright pop of color from the yellow flowers and she looks wonderful with your coloring, cankles or not.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. Hugs Sheila x

Kathie said...

Hi Patti Sue I saw you card on MIM what a lovely card, your Saturated Canary Image is just beautiful and I adore your colour combo you've used. Great embellishments and wonderful card. Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Kathie

Kathie said...

Hi Patti Sue I saw you card on MIM what a lovely card, your Saturated Canary Image is just beautiful and I adore your colour combo you've used. Great embellishments and wonderful card. Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Kathie