Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Time Blues!


I decided to take an afternoon and play. I think I really needed some time to unwind and clear my mind. So I colored and played the afternoon away. First I grabbed this Saturated Canary image. As a teen and when my husband and I were first married, we often tubed down the river that flows through our town. It was great fun on a hot day to hop on a tube and spend a few hours floating down the river. It didn't cost anything and when you went with a group you always had lots of fun! This image took me back to those memories and so I colored it up today. I thought this paper was pretty wild for me, but I loved the bright summer colors. I used a die cut from All That Scraps for the starfish. I added a little tiny shell I found on the Oregon beach last summer, a pearl and a sea shell charm.
My Song:
I'm gonna raise a fuss, I'm gonna raise a holler
About a workin' all summer just to try to earn a dollar
Every time I call my baby and ask to get a date
My boss says, "No dice, son, you gotta work late"
Sometimes, I wonder what I'm a gonna do
But there ain't no cure for the summertime blues

2 comments:

Amanda R said...

We use to do the same thing, there is a creek in front of my parents and although some spots were so low you had to wade and drag your tube it was still fun! Love the tropical papers and the brown and pink together!

The Other Patti Sue said...

I remember those days... lazy daze of summer! Super cute card!