Friday, June 1, 2012

Your a Grand Old Flag


I have to tell you, I had nothing but fun making this card. I this this image is adorable...it is a Mo Manning digi. I have a good friend, whose birthday is in July and I made this card for her. In June we have a "Cherry Festival". At one time it was a celebration of the orchards in our valley. Unfortunately, they have all been pulled out and housing subdivisions now take the place of the orchards. Anyway, we have a week of festivities, including an old fashioned parade. Most of the little kids sit along the curbs of our Main street and wait for candy to be thrown to them. It is great fun and brings out crowds of people. Ok... back to my card....I used the LOTV mini tags for my sentiment...I am really enjoying those tags. I also added some brad pin wheels, a double ribbon  and lots of paper lace. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
My Song: "Your A Grand Old Flag"
You're a grand old flag,
You're a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave.
You're the emblem of
The land I love.
The home of the free and the brave.
Ev'ry heart beats true
'neath the Red, White and Blue,
Where there's never a boast or brag.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
Keep your eye on the grand old flag.

14 comments:

Tonya said...

This is so adorable! I love that image. The bandaid just adds so much character to it. Oh the festivities sounds like so much fun. You don't find old fashion parades much anymore. :o( Thank you so much for sharing!

Amanda R said...

Patty I just love this card, she is so cute and I love how you used the border around the nestie and the little pinwheels are perfect!

June Nelson said...

Patty me darlin I love this, its just the cutest card of the morning!! its brilliant me love and the colouring is awesome, have alovely weekend huggies June xxxxxxxx

Glenda said...

Such a bright and cheerful card! I love the little image with the bandaid...how adorable. Your coloring is just perfect as always!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love how you added windmills to match the image

Cheers from Bangalore, India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

Yes I am singing the song - beautifully done. I am so sorry to hear about the cherry trees. As usual, you have done a wonderful, creative job on this patriotic card.
Sandy

Elaine said...

This is simply gorgeous Patty, she is a real sweetie and I love these colours.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

The Other Patti Sue said...

Pure sweetness! We have parades like that too in our little town!

Janice said...

Great card, brilliant design & fabby colouring. Thanks for joining in the fun this time at an OBAG, Jx

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card. Such a sweet image. I am now away to look for the equivalent boy image as my youngest boy seems to always have a plaster on his knee!!

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan x

Doreen said...

amazing card. The image is so adoarable.
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Hugs
Doreen

Rachel said...

Fab card! Love the colour combo and sweet stamp!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Sweet Stampin this week! Wedgie xxx

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A gorgeous card. The image is so cute and I love the lil pinwheels and sentiment tags.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away in our red white and blue challenge this fortnight and good luck.

Hugs Sarahxx

Jacqui P said...

Oh my Goodness!! I love this card! I neeeeeed that digi!! Lol!! and such lovely colouring!
Thankyou for joining the fun over at crafty your days away challenge!
hugs
Jacqui P x