Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Beautiful Skier




I just had to share this latest image from The Paper Shelter I think she is so cute and a very fun color! She is called "The Beautiful Skier" and can be used for so many applications not just Christmas cards! I had a fun time coloring her because I used my new Touch Twin Markers from Amanda and Elaine. They are fabulous and a much cheaper alternative to Copics. I would love to find a place that I can buy refill ink for them. If you are wondering why I opened my Christmas presents early it is because of "Amanda's" bad influence. (I was a quick learner also!) I also stole Amanda's cute idea of using a touch of Stickles around the image for a bit of bling! Thanks Amanda...for both the good and the bad! LOL! My paper s are a dodge podge of different pads that have long since lost their covers. The heart boarder trim is a Cherry Lynn die another new addition for Christmas. The ribbon is from a sale bin at Big Lots. I wish I had bought more as I love this ribbon. The Bingo card is from Whimsey Stamps! Lot's of fun items to play with today!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
 

My Song: The Man from Galilee
It was Christmas eve in a little Texas town,
The snow was falling softly to the ground,
Outside a little chapel stood a man,
With sightless eyes, a candle in his hand.
Oh Lord if you're there help me in,
I need you to light a candle for a friend,
Who came from a land across the sea,
They called him the man from Galilee.
But no one seemed to hear his lonely cry,
They laughed in Christmas cheer and walked on by,
Inside they watched a clock upon the wall,
Put silver in the box and left for home.
'Soon the church was quiet in the night,
And one by one the candles lost their light,
In darkness now the old man knelt to pray'
Forgive them Lord they must have lost their way....
Oh Lord if you're there hear my prayer,
Let the message of your Birthday fill the air,
Let the lesson of your love help us to see,
That Christmas is the man from Galilee.


4 comments:

Tonya said...

This is so pretty. I love the image and that beautiful ribbon.

Glenda said...

This is wonderful! Love all the layers and the sparkle around the image!

Amanda R said...

Glad you liked the markers, I haven't found refills for them yet either and you are always welcome to use my ideas. Good or bad!

Nannieflash said...

Oh wow what a fabulous card and youve done a brilliant job of the colouring, love the glitz to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx