Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summertime Celebration.

A Closer Look!

I have finally recovered enough from Whooping Cough to feel like coloring. I have had this six weeks and I felt miserable! It is good to be feeling like I am finally getting over this. FYI if you had your immunizations back in the 50's then you need another booster shot. It is well worth it to not have something like this!  On to my card. I wanted to enter the Saturated Canary challenge and this is my card for celebrating summer. I am sending it off to my daughter. She loves summer and I thought this would brighten her day. My papers are some lovely Pion papers. I do think they have lovely papers. I hope you have each had a restful week-end filled with blessings. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
My Song: (It's and Oldie)
Summertime,
And the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin'
And the cotton is high
Oh, Your daddy's rich
And your mamma's good lookin'
So hush little baby
Don't you cry


15 comments:

Glenda said...

Wow Whopping Cough! No wonder you felt so bad for so long! Glad you are feeling somewhat better! Your daughter is going to love this; such a cute image!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

First, I LOVE summer and this card would also brighten my day. Second, expecting my first grandchild soon I asked my son and DIL about the immunization and then I read about your cough on your post today. Hummm....there have been no outbreaks in SC but I have no problem getting a booster. I also got my pneumonia and shingles vaccine last year. I think I should now add this to the list. First card I saw this morning....put a big smile on my face.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

PS....I knew you had not felt well, but did not know you had been sick for so long or knew that is was whooping cough. So sorry!

Confiseries Papier said...

Awesome Card, your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create.

Dianne said...

Hey honey I'm so glad to hear your feeling better big hugs to you, looove the card, beautiful layout with those gorgeous paper, that image is again colored to perfection, love her hair, this would brighten anyones day, thanks for sharing and have a restful wonderful week..

Ruth Ann Hunter said...

WOW, what a perfect card for summer and sexy to boot! Your daughter will love it. Glad you are starting to feel better! hugs, Ruth Ann

Amanda R said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better finally! and I am sure your daughter will love this card, not only are the papers beautiful but your layout and coloring bring it all together so nicely. Hope this is the end of the illnesses for awhile!

Elaine said...

Very glad to hear you have turned the corner and are starting to feel more like yourself!
I really thought only kiddies got whooping cough!
Your daughter will LOVE this card, guaranteed to brighten up her day.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Sandy said...

Really nice card - I love your background papers.
Sandy

Sol said...

WOW.. what a lady! :o).. Great Design Papers. Great Edge punch /die cut used.. And FAB distressed edge..
Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie, beautifully coloured and created
Hugs julie P

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!
This image is so fun! Love her ice cream!! It's my fave thing ever...!!!
Xo

Claire Dale said...

Love your entry for our 'Summer Days' challenge at Dream Valley Challenges! Good luck!
Claire xx
DVC DT

lindyloo said...

super card and perfect for our challenge over at Dream valley I wish i had her fab figure lol

linda x

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous. Your colouring is fab.

Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley Challenges this time.

Susan x