Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Are You Scared Yet?".....



I am so ready to say good-bye to this hot dry summer and say hello to fall! We had just a tiny splattering of rain yesterday and it was just enough to make me wish for several days of heavy rain. It would be nice to see enough rain to put out all of the fires around us. I guess that is what has put me in the mood to make a few Halloween cards. I don't normally send out Halloween cards but I thought I would make some for my grandsons to give to their teachers. I love this new, cute little witch from Mo Manning. She is so cute and I am sure would never scare anyone! I colored her with Copics and added a bit of Spica pen to add some sparkle. I also used Stickles around the image to create a bit of magic. The sentiment is an older one and a freebie ,  I am sorry I don't know who to give credit. If anyone knows give me a holler and I will be glad to give credit where it is due. The spider (which matches the colors in my card) came from Oriental Traders. I at first thought the purple and orange combo were a bit gaudy but the more I look at it the better I like it.
I am entering this card at the following challenges: 

My Song: Love Is Kinda Spooky
In the cool of the evening when everything is gettin kinda groovy
I call you up and ask you if you's like to go and see a movie
first you said no you got some plans for the night
and then you stopped and say alright
love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you

6 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

She's adorable the the card is totally awesome. The purple coloring is fab. I don't think I have those colors...wow!

Sue Jones said...

Fab card! thanks for joining in at whimsical designs

Dianne said...

Hey sweety, I;ll pray for rain for you down there it's just terrible to see, I can't imagine how bad it is there, I'll even throw in a rain dance:).That witch is the sweetest thing, fabulous layout and your coloring is perfect, thanks so much for sharing, big hugs and your in my prayers...

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little witch, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

designermc said...

How cute is she's? Love how you colored and the total card design.
Nancy

Amanda R said...

I got this image too but never thought to do her in purple, she looks "fabulous darling"! I will cross my fingers for rain for you, we have been lucky and are having some beautiful fall weather but heard winter is suppose to be nasty. Sigh.