Friday, January 17, 2014

An Old Fashioned Christmas Card


Good-morning everyone. I am sharing a Christmas card that I didn't get sent out this year...oh, well, I am ahead for next year! We are still enjoying all the after effects of the flu. Both myself and the DH have been down with it. This is my fourth week of a horrid, nasty, racking cough. It is horrid. I just can't seem to muster up much energy. I hope this nasty bug has passed you and your family by.  My card is stamped with an older Christmas Tilda stamp that I have had for a couple of years. I stumbled on to a bottle of glitter stars that I had bought years ago at our local $ store. I dotted some glue around and scattered it on.It really is quiet pretty IRL! I also added some puffy paint to the trim on her dress.  I added some pretty flowers from WOC and some tiny jingle bells that I think are so cute! A pretty shimmery ribbon and bow finish off this Christmas Card.  I hope your week is filled with blessings! 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:
My Song:The Keeper of The Stars
It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew
Now I just can't believe you're in my life
Heaven's smilin' down on me
As I look at you tonight
I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin'
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything
When I hold you in my arms
I've got all I'll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars

4 comments:

Glenda said...

This is very special. Love all the sparkle! Take care my friend! Feel better soon!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for CCAYR January anything goes challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team – and thanks for entering this for my CHNC challenge extra for January x

Dawn G Designs said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the image and die cut. Excellent coloring job! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards Galore Encore!
Dawn

Amanda R said...

This card is so sweet! I love the tiny little stars and that nestie you used is gorgeous!