Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Circle of Life

 A closer look!
 Another look
 The finished card.
I had a young friend from church come and play in my craft room for a few days. She is just learning about card making and scrapbooking. It was fun to teach her how to use different items and to give her a coloring lesson with my Copics. (Don't worry I told her I am still learning myself!) How about you have you reached out to someone who is just learning and helped them along the way? While Kristen was here I colored this SC image. While it is not my best coloring (it might have been the stop and go as I answered questions) it was fun to work on. It will go in my birthday stash and hopefully someone will enjoy it! I added liquid glass to the hula hoop and the cure little dangling heart. The pretty sheer ribbon and bow needed something so I added a sparkly pearl flower.  All the paper is from the scrap bin and I used a favorite combination of mine with the pink and green.
I am entering this card in the following challenges: 
My Song:  Circle of Life (Lion King)
From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to be seen than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done
Some say eat or be eaten
Some say live and let live
But all are agreed as they join the stampede
You should never take more than you give
In the circle of life
It's the wheel of fortune
It's the leap of faith
It's the band of hope
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the circle, the circle of life

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Good morning Patty! Hope all is well with you! I love, love, love this sweet image! Your coloring looks wonderful from here and I'm sure your friend is so grateful you took her under your wing. Have a great weekend!

Becky said...

Patty, this is adorable! Your coloring is fabulous and I sure love that ribbon and bow.