Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Day Week-end

 I hope everyone is having a safe and sane Memorial Day Week-End. It has been a busy one for our family. The grand-kids came over and we planted the garden, weeded flower beds, had a sleep-over and then a BBQ today. This grammy is tuckered. But what a lovely way to be tired. I took some time last week to play a bit with my Copics and color some new images. This image form Saturated Canary is such a fun color that I can't wait to have a go at it again. I made this card for a friend of mine. She was crafting at my house and had this big sparkly ring on. (See the right hand, lower corner of my card) The whole top of the ring just popped off. She was going to throw it away and I asked to keep it to place on a card. She thought that was so funny...now she is getting it back. LOL! I also used a couple of new dies that I just purchased. I must say I really like both of them. But, I am going to have to work on the creative ideas for the zipper. I added a few liquid pearls and rhinestones to finish off my card.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
http://challenges4everybody.blogspot.co.uk/
http://cagichallenge.blogspot.ca/
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.scribbleandscrapcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/

I also want to thank the veterans, and all who are serving in our military. Because of you we are free today. God bless each of you and may you all return home safe and soon!
 A look at the inside of my card!
 A closer look at the image!

A closer look at my die cut!
 Yes! That is the ring!
My Song: Delta Dawn
Delta Dawn, what's that flower you have on
Could it be a faded rose from days gone by?
And did I hear you say he was a-meeting you here today
To take you to his mansion in the sky.


6 comments:

Glenda said...

I love your coloring on this cutie pie! What wonderful dies and that zipper is amazing. I envision that with a piece of distressed and ripped paper and the zipper over that. Marvelous tool! Happy Memorial Day!

Janie Printz said...

Your coloring is perfect on this card Miss Patty. Love the ring story & how you repurposed it to add to your creation. Also great way to display the zipper. I've seen them but haven't given them a try. Great embellishment.
Hugs, Janie

Barb said...

Wonderful card, such a fun image to work with and colored very well. Thank you for joining us at the Come and Get it challenge this week. Barb DT

Nannieflash said...

Hi Patty, have your family moved closer to you again? And theyve grown so much to. I love your card your colouring is just so beautiful and I love that diecut, whos is it? A stunning result. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Andree said...

A fabulous card and a great image and colouring.
Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

Unknown said...

Love the card. so beautiful. would you be so kind and let me know what die did you use. Is it a memory box? keep inspiring your fans.