Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Bit of The Travel Bug!

 A closer look at the lovely image!
 The pretty butterflies!
 Pretty rhinestones!
 Inside left side of my card!
 Inside right side of my card!
Is everyone geared up for a long busy summer? It is a busy time at the Chapman household. Having just finished weeks of work in the yard and flower beds it is now onto some time with the grand kids.
This week our little town hosts a "Cherry Festival". We once were a valley that was surrounded by fruit orchards. Unfortunately, the orchards have all been pulled out and housing subdivisions now take their place. But, we still celebrate with the Cherry Festival. We have activities for the kids every day. They include parades, carnival, pie eating contests, and various other activities. Next week will be a full week of Vacation Bible School. We also will through in Father's Day and m son's birthday. It's enough to make this old lady ready to pack her bags and head out of town. 
This is one of the newer images from THE PAPER SHELTER   . She is called "Where We Going" and can be found here! I know I always say this is one of my favorites, but she truly is. I cleaned my craft room this week and discovered this beautiful paper. (Yes! I am a paper hoarder!) My poor kids will have a big job ahead of them when I pass away dealing with my craft room. LOL!  I colored her with Copics and used a stitched circle die to cut her out. I really liked the look of her hanging outside of the die cut. Adding a little Spica pen and some cute butterfly stickers added a bit of sparkle to my card. I finished it off with some white lace and hand punched butterflies on the inside. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: (Janis Joplin)
Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waitin' for a train
  Feelin' nearly faded as my jeans
Bobby thumbed a diesel down, just before it rained
It rode us all the way to New Orleans
I pulled my harpoon out of my dirty red bandanna
I was playin' soft while Bobby sang the blues, yeah
Windshield wipers slappin' time, I was holdin' Bobby's hand in mine
We sang every song that driver knew

1 comment:

Deonna B said...

Gorgeous card and coloring! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with TTCRD this week and please come and join us for the new "Anything Goes" Challenge starting tomorrow. I love visitors to my blog at ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com