Thursday, May 26, 2016

You Gotta Have Friends!





I know that most of us have some 'special' friends that are always there for you, that make you laugh, and no matter how long you are apart you can pick up right where you left off. They are friends for life. Wendy Little is one of those friends for me. She is an extra-ordinary person, one that reaches out to help anyone she can. Unfortunately, she and her husband relocated to another state. Although we don't get to see each other as much as we like we still manage to sneak in a few visits as often as we can. She is also the person who started me card making! I don't think she realized what a monster she created. I recently sent her this card. It is pretty indicative of our friendship and the fun we have with each other.  I loved this stamp and it's funny sentiment and it will be one I use often. 
I colored the stamp with Copics and made my own flower embellishments. I loved doing that! 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: You Gotta Have Friends (Bette Midler)
And I am all alone
There is no one here beside me
And my problems have all gone
There is no one to deride me
But you got to have friends
The feeling's oh, so strong
You got to have friends
To make that day last long
I had some friends but they're gone
Somethin' came and took them away
And from the dusk 'til the dawn
Here is where I'll stay
Standing at the end of the road, boys
Waiting for my new friends to come
I don't care if I'm hungry or poor
I'm gonna get me some of them
'Cause you got to have friends
That's right you, oh you, yeah you
I said, you gotta have some friends
I'm talkin' about friends, that's right, friends
Friends, friends, friends

2 comments:

Glenda said...

What a cute card my friend! I call you friend although we have never met. I always felt like I had known you all my life. Did you make those sweet daisy flowers? I do love them. Well done!

WJ said...

You are such a dear friend and I miss not living close by, but what fun we have when we get together!! I love my card and our friendship means so much to me. Love ya!! {{{hugs}}}