Saturday, August 20, 2016

All That Glitteres is Not Snow!

A closer look at the cute stamp!
The gold poinsettias!
Pretty pearl centers.
I am sorry this is such a poor photograph. I don't know what is wrong but I could not get a decent picture of this. I have had this digi stamp for many years and I still love to color it. I was trying to keep this card neutral tones. I was quiet happy with the way it turned out. The poinsettia die came from my dear friend who now irons in her craft room, Elaine Livesey! I have used them for many years and I love how they always turn out perfect. I really didn't have a reason to make this card, I just wanted to play a bit. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

My Song: Even Santa Claus Gets the Blues (Marty Stuart)

Lost my favorite reindeer in a hurricane
Got so get-away on a count of rain
Countin' my troubles by threes and by twos
Even Santa Claus gets the blues
Well, I wasn't given for just one silent night
Just me and mama close by the warm fire light, yeah
But Christmas time is comin', there's just so much to do
Even Santa Claus gets the blues
But I know every single chimney like the back of my hand
People leave me milk and cookies, I just think that's grand
As the story goes, I'm a dearly loved man
But the reason for the season, some folks just don't understand

So, it's back to the work shop to make more toys
Can't wait to give 'em to all the girls and boys
I'm hookin' up my sleigh, go ahead and spread the noose
But sometimes, even Santa Claus gets the blues

2 comments:

Glenda said...

This is just adorable. I love that sweet little image! Well done girl!

Janie Printz said...

Soooo cute Miss Patty Sue !!! Love the image & your wonderful Poinsettias ... I NEED inspiration... I NEED to get back to this amazing addiction (hobby) ... I miss it so very much ....
hugs, Janie