Sunday, September 25, 2016

Looking Back On Summer

 A closer look at the stamp!
This is an older SC stamp I have. I colored the image at the first of summer and it sat around for such a long time and I finally got it made up into a card. I used my favorite spring and summer combo of pink and white. I think it just looks like summer and fits this stamp well. 
 I have been mulling over the events of this last week. I have served on several DT's over the years and some I loved and some I  didn't. What I have noticed as of late is a small faction of women have become quiet vitriolic in their comments and opinions. When I first started blogging I was so fortunate to make friends with people like Elaine Livesey, Shirley Chalmers, Glenda Brooks, Amanda Reed, Janie Printz and many more. All were genuine, kind, and supportive. Today I read a comment from a lady about someone else and she was talking to a particular group and said someone should bring her down. I was so saddened to think that there are more and more people in the crafting world who have become for lack of a better word less than kind. I was taught if you couldn't say something nice do not say anything. So, I am not going to say anything but to remind each of us to BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER! Please don't use social media to trash someone. It is not to hard to see (especially in America today) that our country has turned from God and His teachings. If we can just show love to one another then maybe we can make a difference in our world. 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:

My Song: Everyday People (Sly and the Family Stone)
Sometimes I'm right and I can be wrong
My own beliefs are in my song
The butcher, the banker, the drummer and then
Makes no difference what group I'm in
I am everyday people, yeah yeah
There is a blue one who can't accept the green one
For living with a fat one trying to be a skinny one
And different strokes for different folks
And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo
Oh we got to live together
I am no better and neither are you
We are the same whatever we do
You love me you hate me you know me and then
You can't figure out the bag I'm in
I am everyday people, yeah yeah
There is a long hair that doesn't like the short hair
For bein' such a rich one that will not help the poor one
And different strokes for different folks
And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo
Oh sha sha we got to live together
There is a yellow one that won't accept the black one
That won't accept the red one that won't accept the white one
And different strokes for different folks
And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo
I am everyday people

3 comments:

Glenda said...

I love your card and as always I'm inspired by your coloring! I never did learn to play well with markers but continue to color using distress inks and a brush. Sometimes I forget what a big world we live in and with the Internet we crafters are exposed to so many different people and some of them are unkind. My Mom always said if you can't say something nice, then say nothing at all! How true those words are!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, love how you used the die cuts with all those gems and your colouring is wonderful.

Dori Shelton said...

Thank you for linking up with Perfectly Created Chaos this week. I hate that you've encountered negativity in the cyber crafting world. Sometimes people just need to "zip it" One of my favorite quotes is "Keep it cute, or put it on mute!"
I do really like your card as well. She's adorable and all that pink is so pretty!