Thursday, January 5, 2017

Because You Loved Me





The minute I saw this stamp from The Paper Shelter, I know I had to make a card for my cousin Susan. Susan is a hair stylist and 2016 has been one of the hardest years of her life. Her mom lived many years with M.S. Susie came by every week and week-end and styled my aunts hair, painted her nails, took her shopping all the girl things we like to do. She was with my aunt the night she died. She was my uncle's rock during this long ordeal. Shortly after my aunt passed away she found out her oldest son Chad had  cancer and it was stage 4. She has worked, taken him to appointments, traveled out of state to take him to his sons college baseball games, fixed meals for him and my uncle, did his laundry, and worked full time. She has remained a rock never letting herself feel sorry for herself or never losing her faith in the Lord. Chad's life is quickly coming to an end and she is trying to prepare him and her family for what is to  come. I can not begin to imagine the heartbreak as a mother she is dealing with.  So, when I saw this stamp it made me think of her. She lets the world see this composed, caring, but in control woman. That is the outside view. The inside is scared, hurting, and so very tired. I am sending her this card to let her know she is loved and that I care.  
The stamp is called "Barber Shop" and you can purchase it by clicking on the link. The petty poppy is a  new Tattered Lace die and I cut it out with white card stock  and I colored it with Copics. I then cut the petals apart on two of the poppies and layered it with foam dots.  I love the way it looks!
I am entering this card at the following challenges:

http://modsquadchallenge.com/

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

http://createsandmakes.blogspot.ca/

http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/


My Song: Because You Loved Me (Celine Dion)
For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through through it all
You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'cuz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

7 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Patty Sue I can see why you fell in love with this image she is gorgeous, I am so envious of your awesome colouring skills everything looks just perfect.
hugs
lorraine x

Judy Woodland said...

This card is so adorable, and the recipient is going to love it. And I am so impressed with that poppy, it's absolutely gorgeous!!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad.
Judy - Challenge Host

JanR said...

Great card! Very nice colours. Susie sounds like an amazing woman and I'm sure she appreciates your thoughtfulness. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Karen said...

So Cute and Sassy. I appreciate you sharing the inside of your card too.Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door

Barbara Bruder said...

This is an awesome card. Love the way the flower came out. Looks great. Thanks for sharing the story and I will include your cousin and her son in my prayers. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

Dotstolines said...

Lovely card:)! Love the colouring! Thank you for entering our ATG Challenge at TTCRD! Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge! Good luck!:)!
Regards,
Sunila & Aditi

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

what a cutie ! This is so beautiful ! thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creates and Makes monthly challenge,
WIshing you good luck to win beautiful digistamps !