Sunday, April 30, 2017

Watermelon Time!!








It took me two days to do this card. It is hard to color and put a card together with a broken shoulder. I loved this new Whimsy stamp and when I saw it I knew it was the perfect stamp for my sweet, dear, friend, Wendy Little. She came all the way from TaComa, Washington to help me when I broke my shoulder. She is and always will be that kind of a friend. I love her and her husband Mark like family and I wanted to make a card that would be special to them. I die cut the image leaving a bit of it hanging out of the die. (I just love that look.) I am still struggling with my blending as I can only color for a few minutes at a time and even though you can 'reactivate' Copics it is not the same as blending it all at once. I added a pull out tag using a Tattered Lace die and added some cute watermelon buttons for an accent. The inside is a Marianne Die cut. 
I am entering this card at the following challenges.

My Song: Humble and Kind (Tim McGraw)
You know there's a lot that goes by the front door
Don't forget the keys under the mat
Childhood stars shine, always stay humble and kind
Go to church 'cause your momma says to
Visit grandpa every chance that you can
It won't be a waste of time
Always stay humble and kind
Hold the door say please say thank you
Don't steal, don't cheat, and don't lie
I know you got moutains to climb but
Always stay humble and kind
When the dreams you're dreamin' come to you
When the work you put in is realized
Let yourself feel the pride but
Always stay humble and kind

1 comment:

WJ said...

You are a wonderful and very special friend. Thank you for the special card, we appreciate it. Love you!!